Accounting is vital for running a business successfully, and here, QuickBooks comes into the picture as it not only helps companies manage their earnings and expenses but also track their financial health. But despite being such an outstanding accounting application, QuickBooks Desktop also gets tangled up in nasty error circumstances at times. This article is going to discuss QuickBooks error 6073, which a user can receive while opening the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. On the desktop screen, an error warning shows up, reading, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user.” Make certain to go through this article completely to know the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 6073 and the possible troubleshooting methods you can apply to get over it.
For immediate assistance to rectify QuickBooks error 6073, don’t wait to get in contact with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
What can be the reasons behind QuickBooks error code 6073?
The following reasons are the ones because which QuickBooks error code 6073 often takes place:
- Your company file is saved in a read-only network folder.
- Damage or corruption in the company file.
Do read this short article on QuickBooks has stopped working
What to do to resolve QuickBooks error 6073?
Method 1- Configure the properties of the folder holding your company file
- Go to the computer that hosts your company file.
- Locate the folder where you saved the company file.
- Click right the folder, and after that, select the Properties option.
- On the Security tab, pick your user name.
- Then, click on the Edit button.
- Checkmark the Full Control checkbox and then select the Allow option.
- Choose the Apply option and the OK button after that.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and check whether you can access the company file.
If you face QuickBooks error 6073 again, proceed to the second method.
Recommended to read guide: QuickBooks Error 1603
Method 2- Fix the damaged company file with QuickBooks File Doctor
- Get the newly released version (18.104.22.168) of QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s official site.
- Save the file you got (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) to your Windows Desktop.
- Click twice the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Go through the steps given on-screen and accept the terms & conditions to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Select the Company File Issues tab given on the left bar.
- Select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- When the QuickBooks File Doctor tool opens, select your company file from the drop-down menu. If you don’t spot your company file there, select the Browse and search option to find it.]
- Select the Check your file option (the middle option only) and then click on the Continue button.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password when prompted, and then select the Next button.
- Keep patience until the tool diagnoses and fixes your company file.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and then attempt to access your company file.
Also read this short guide: Turbotax Error 70001
Even after applying the above two troubleshooting methods, if you fail to get over QuickBooks error 6073, then the hosting settings in your QuickBooks Desktop are probably incorrect. Hence, we recommend you set right the hosting settings in your QuickBooks Desktop. To get yourself extra support removing QuickBooks error code 6073, feel free to speak with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.