QuickBooks Desktop, the flagship product of Intuit, has been dominating the charts when it comes to highly efficient and dependable accounting software. With the help of the QuickBooks Desktop, an enterprise can effectively take care of its everyday business tasks. However, like other accounting software, QuickBooks Desktop is not immune to errors and technical glitches. One such error is QuickBooks error 15270, which belongs to the 15xxx series errors and often arises when a user attempts to download a payroll tax-table update. This article aims to explain the factors that cause QuickBooks error code 15270 and the methods that you can apply to fix it.
Getting irritated because of QuickBooks error 15270 and debugging it straight away? If affirmative, feel free to contact our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
QuickBooks error 15270 shows up on the computer screen with the following error message: “The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The Update is missing a file.”
What can be the factors behind QuickBooks error code 15270?
The most common factor behind QuickBooks error code 15270 is the faulty previously installed updates of QuickBooks Desktop. There are other factors also that can cause it, such as:
- User Account Control (UAC) in Windows is not letting QuickBooks Desktop download the latest payroll tax-table Update.
Go through this short guide if you are eager to resolve QuickBooks error 15311.
How can you rectify QuickBooks error 15270 safely?
Solution 1: Reset the previously installed updates of QuickBooks Desktop
- At first, restart QuickBooks Desktop.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service window shows up, select the Install Later option.
- Go to the Help menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- On the Update QuickBooks window, select the Update Now tab.
- Put a checkmark on the Reset Updates checkbox.
- Click on the OK button to confirm the reset.
- Choose the Get Updates option.
- When you see the text “Update Complete,” close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- When the QuickBooks Update Service pops up, choose the Install Now option.
- Open the Employees menu.
- From the given options, choose Get Payroll Updates.
- Confirm that the Download entire payroll update checkbox is selected.
- Choose the Update option.
If you still get QuickBooks error 15270, move ahead to the next solution.
Do read this short blog: QuickBooks Error H303
Solution 2: Temporarily turn off the Windows User Account Control
- Click on the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Control Panel” into the search box and open Control Panel.
- Click on the User Accounts option.
- Then, choose the User Accounts (Classic View) option.
- Pick the Change user account control settings option.
- If prompted by User Account Control, select the Yes option to continue.
- Restart your computer.
- At last, start QuickBooks Desktop and check whether you can download the payroll tax-table update now.
We hope you find this article worth reading and get rid of QuickBooks error 15270 by following the above troubleshooting solutions. If not, there is possible damage or corruption in the QuickBooks installation files. Hence, our advice for you is to use the Clean Install tool to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on your computer. You can also ask for additional help fixing QuickBooks error code 15270 by contacting our QuickBooks professionals +1-855-856-0042.
A related article you might like: QuickBooks Error 6147