QuickBooks is an ingeniously designed accounting and bookkeeping software that is used by thousands of companies worldwide. Its various tools, reliability and user-friendly features have been acclaimed globally. Nevertheless, some technical issues do occur in the QB desktop. The QuickBooks Error 1612 arises when the user tries to update the QB desktop. This error causes interference in the updating process and that leaves users very annoyed.
Generally, this error pops up on the screen with the following text:
‘Error 1612: The update installer is not accessible’
If you are also confronting this error, read this blog till the end to find some quick solutions.
One of the best ways to eliminate QuickBooks Error 1612 is to consult with a certified specialist. Get in touch with our QuickBooks support team by dialing +1 800-579-9430 anytime, any day.
Why does the QB Error Code 1612 occur?
Some of the reasons for the QB Error Code 1612 are as follows:
- If the installation of the QB desktop on your system is corrupted, this error can get triggered.
- It is possible that some virus could have damaged the important files of your QB desktop.
- If you have not shut down your computer in a proper manner, this error will likely occur.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 3008
Easy Resolutions for the QB Error Message 1612
You can implement the following methods to rectify the QB Error Message 1612:
Method 1: Rectify this error by upgrading your QB desktop to the most recent version
- You should head towards the Windows ‘Start’ tab on your desktop and click on its icon.
- Type the word ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ in the search box and perform right-click on the QB desktop icon.
- Among various options available, strike on the ‘Run as Administrator’ tab.
- You should now click on the ‘Help’ tab and hit the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Proceed to tap on the ‘Options’ tab and choose the ‘Mark All’ option. Furthermore, click on the ‘Save’ tab to save the necessary changes.
- You should now navigate to the ‘Update Now’ tab and check the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox on your screen.
- To finally download the updates, you should click on the ‘Get Updates’ tab.
- After the upgrade process is completed, you can open your QB desktop.
Method 2: Eliminate the error by redownloading the patch
- If the patch does not work properly, you should redownload the patch on your QB desktop.
- Navigate to the ‘Share Download Folder’ and repeatedly turn on and off it by tapping the ‘Off’ and ‘Save’ tabs.
- You should now hit the ‘On’ tab and finally strike the ‘Save’ option to save the changes done.
- Now repeat the first step of this process and verify if the error is eliminated.
If the error is not rectified, jump to the following solution.
Method 3: Rectify this error by repairing your QuickBooks desktop
- You should navigate towards the Windows ‘Starts’ button on your screen and click on it.
- Now write the word ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and hit the ‘Control Panel’ icon.
- After the ‘Control Panel’ folder opens, you should strike the ‘Add/Remove Program’ tab and identify the QuickBooks from the list of programs.
- A window named ‘QuickBooks Installation’ will open on your screen.
- You should tap on the ‘Repair’ button and follow the on-screen steps to complete the repairing.
- After the repair is done, you can start your QB desktop.
You have now got comprehensive information about the QuickBooks Error 1612. The solutions that you read in this blog are the easiest and most reliable. You should use them in the proper sequence.
For further assistance, you can dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QuickBooks Support Team.
Related article:- QuickBooks error 557