To make the user interface better and features more efficient, Intuit Incorporated releases updates of QuickBooks Desktop from time to time. However, updating the QuickBooks Desktop is not flawless as many users often face errors and bugs while doing it. This post discusses QuickBooks error 15222, which a user can encounter while downloading a QuickBooks update. Many causes can trigger the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 15222, which you will get to know below, along with their troubleshooting methods.
Getting irritated with QuickBooks error 15222 and seeking help to get over it instantly? You should speak with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 15222?
QuickBooks error code 15222 is often caused when the Internet Explorer function fails to register digital signatures for QuickBooks. Numerous other reasons can cause it as well, like:
- QuickBooks Desktop fails to connect to the network because of the wrongly configured Internet Explorer’s security setup.
Do read this guide: QuickBooks won’t open
What are the troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 15222?
Solution 1- Manually get a digital signature certificate on your system
- On your system, close QuickBooks Desktop first.
- Press the Windows & E keys together to go to File Explorer.
- Find the QBW32.exe file, which is stored in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Click right the QBW32.exe file, and from the set of options, select Properties.
- Move to the Digital Signature tab, and after that, make certain Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list.
- Select the Details option and wait until the Digital Signature Certificate window opens.
- Choose the View Certificate option.
- When the Certificate window opens, choose the Install Certificate option.
- Keep clicking Next until the Finish option is displayed. After that, select the Finish option.
- Reboot your computer.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and see if you can update it to the latest release this time.
If you reencounter QuickBooks error 15222, move to the second solution.
Some short readings for you: QuickBooks script error
Solution 2- Manually update the Internet Explorer’s security setup
- On your system, open Internet Explorer.
- Hit the Alt key on your keyboard to open the Tools menu.
- From the drop-down list, choose Internet Options.
- On the General tab, pick the Delete button.
- From the given options, choose Temporary Internet files.
- Thenceforth, select the Delete option.
- Move on to the Connections tab, and after that, choose the LAN settings option.
- Put a checkmark on the checkbox for Automatically Detect Settings.
- Make sure to clear Proxy servers unless you employ one.
- Click twice the OK button.
- Proceed to the Advanced tab, and after that, scroll down 3/4 of the list.
- Make sure the checkboxes for SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are selected.
- If you see the Check for publisher’s certificate checkbox is selected, clear it.
- Move down to the bottom of the Advanced tab.
- Make sure the TLS 1.2 checkbox is selected.
- Uncheck the checkboxes for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1.
Even after applying the troubleshooting solutions explained above, if you fail to rectify QuickBooks error 15222, then our advice for you is to take additional assistance resolving it by contacting our QuickBooks officials at +1-855-856-0042.
You might like this short guide: QuickBooks Abort Error