QuickBooks Desktop is equipped with numerous secure and solid features that make everyday business activities very easy. However, despite being designed to provide flawless functioning, QuickBooks Desktop is not safe from errors and technical glitches. Through this post, we will explain QuickBooks error 6177, which belongs to the QuickBooks 6xxx errors and happens when a user tries to log in to the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. Numerous reasons can be behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop error 6177, which you will read below, along with their troubleshooting solutions.
To avail yourself of extra help removing QuickBooks error 6177, don’t hesitate to get in contact with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
QuickBooks error 6177 appears on the desktop screen with an error message reading, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.”
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks Desktop error 6177?
QuickBooks Desktop error 6177 often arises when the QuickBooks program files are too outdated to access the company file. Nonetheless, there are other reasons as well that can cause it, like:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not downloaded on your server computer.
Advance through the QuickBooks Error 15102 with this short article.
What can you do to rectify QuickBooks error 6177 safely?
Solution 1: Download and install the modern updates of the QuickBooks program files
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Click on the All Programs button.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop in the programs’ list and right-click its icon.
- Pick Run as administrator from the set of options.
- Thenceforth, open the No Company Open screen.
- Head to the Help menu and then choose Update QuickBooks Desktop from the set of options.
- Move to the Options tab and then hit the Mark All button.
- Furthermore, hit the Save button.
- Proceed to the Update Now tab and ensure the Reset Update option is selected.
- Choose the Get Updates option. The updates of your QuickBooks program files will start downloading now.
- After that, shut off QuickBooks Desktop and restart it.
- On the QuickBooks Update Service screen, choose the Yes option to install the downloaded updates.
If you face QuickBooks error 6177 again while logging in to the company file, move ahead to the second solution.
Do see this short guide: QuickBooks Error PS101
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server computer
- On your server computer, download and install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click twice the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Pick the QuickBooks folder, which contains your company files.
- Click on the Start Scan option.
- When the scan to locate your company files is over, click on the Close option.
- Click right the QuickBooks folder and choose Properties from the options.
- Move to the Security tab and then select the users you want to give access to the folder.
- Click on the Apply option and then hit the OK button.
We sincerely hope you can get rid of QuickBooks error 6177 by following the above troubleshooting solutions. If not, we advise you to earn additional support removing QuickBooks Desktop error 6177 by contacting our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
You may also read this: QuickBooks multi-user mode not working