QuickBooks is a software currently used by millions of people for bookkeeping. It can perform all the related tasks, giving the users freedom from worrying about data storage and complex calculations. It is a real-time working software that updates its data with every new transaction and other monetary processes. This data is automatically monitored to create account reports for measuring the performance of any business. This data is stored in the form of company files. But Some internal issues like QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 can restrict you from accessing these company files. If this error came across your screen while opening your company file, then keep reading the blog to know the solutions you can use to fix it.
For any assistance in troubleshooting, talk to a QB expert at +1 800-579-9430.
About this error
QuickBooks uses a multi-user network to connect its host computer and other workstations. This error appears while opening the company file located in this network. This runtime error indicates that your network is facing some issues; you don’t need to worry as your data file is safe. Every time you try to open your company file, an error message will appear on your screen, “QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. It may be opened by…”. Unexpected crashes in QuickBooks will follow.
Reasons for occurrence
There can be many internal issues that might have developed this error; some of the most significant ones are listed below-
- Other user is also trying to access the same company file with QuickBooks running in single-user mode.
- Some internal errors occurred during the installation or download of QuickBooks.
- The network is under some problems; some background processes stopped responding.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 3140
Solutions to resolve
The solutions to this error are mentioned below; they are easy to execute. Follow the steps-
Solution 1- Restart your server and workstations
It is possible that any system is under issues and causing the whole network to suffer; follow the steps-
- Go to your server computer and use the Windows Start button to turn it off.
- Turn off all your workstations after this.
- Open your server computer and then the workstations.
Check that the system hosting the file is running in multi-user access mode. This issue can arise if the computer is running in single-user mode.
Try the next solution if you still see an error while opening the company file.
Solution 2- Utilize the Database Server Manager to fetch any issues with your network
Database Server Manager can be used to sort out any issues with the multi-user network. Follow the steps to make sure that your network is healthy and running perfectly-
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub on your computer.
- Click on Network issues and select Database server manager from the list.
- If your company file name is present in the list, select it; otherwise, locate it from Browse.
- Once you have selected your company file, click Start Scan.
The scan will automatically figure out issues and fix them. If you are still not able to open your company file, try the next solution.
Solution 3- Use Quick Fix my program from QuickBooks Tool hub to repair your software
You can fix any issues with your QuickBooks by executing the following steps-
- Open QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Click on Program programs and select Quick Fix my program.
- Let the process finish the reopen QuickBooks.
These solutions will help you to fix this error in your QuickBooks.
This is the end of this blog, the details of QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 were discussed. The triggers that cause this error and the counteractions you can use to resolve it were also included. We hope your QuickBooks was error-free after using these solutions.
If you still need any help related to your query, reach a professional at +1 800-579-9430.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 3180