Sometimes users face an error wherein the QuickBooks stops working all of a sudden and when they try to access the application again, the same error message keeps popping up. This QuickBooks has stopped working problem is frequently faced by a lot of QuickBooks users. The issue has a lot of possible reasons and is easily fixable with the help of a few solutions. If you want to know how to resolve the problem in detail, keep reading this article till the end.
If you are unable to fix the QuickBooks issue on your own, you can take the assistance of our expert team by dialing +1-855-856-0042.
Why Does my QuickBooks Not Open?
If your QuickBooks Desktop is unresponsive, the following might be the reasons –
- The Windows OS files are damaged or corrupted.
- Some issues have occurred in the QuickBooks installation files.
- The hard disk sector is damaged or corrupted.
- The QBWUSER.ini file is unavailable or missing from Windows.
You can also follow this guide if you are serious to fix QuickBooks Error 179
Here’s What to Do When QuickBooks Freezes
Perform these steps to fix the QuickBooks has stopped working issue.
Step 1 – Perform a QuickBooks Diagnosis
Diagnose QuickBooks Desktop for any issues or errors causing it to stop working.
- Download and install the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the tool hub and go to the Program Installation Issues tab to find the diagnostic tool.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it scan the application.
- Once done, perform a system restart and see if QuickBooks not opening issue is fixed.
Step 2 – Clean Install the QuickBooks Desktop Application
To fix the installation issues causing the QuickBooks freezing problem, uninstall and reinstall it.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub and find the Installation Issues tab.
- Open the tab and select the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from it. Run the tool and let it fix the issues.
- Once done, close QuickBooks and open it again to see if the error has disappeared.
Also read this to resolve QuickBooks Error 12007
Step 3 – Mend the Hard Disk Sectors
In case the hard disk is damaged or corrupted, the QuickBooks not opening error can arise. Fix the QuickBooks won’t open issue by following the steps given below –
- Select Properties from the Windows File Manager and go to the Tools tab.
- Select Check Now and mark the Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for recovery of bad sectors options.
- Press Start and let the scan and repair process complete. Access QuickBooks post-completion and see if the problem is eliminated.
Also go through this short guide to rectify QuickBooks Error 6010
Step 4 – Add .OLD to the QBWUSER File Name
Fix issues with the QBWUSER.ini file by renaming it.
- Open QuickBooks from the Windows File Manager and find the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Select the Folder and Search Options tab and go to the View tab to mark the Show hidden files, folders, or drives option.
- Click on Apply and right-click on the file to rename it.
- Select Rename and add .OLD to the file name thus making it QBWUSER.INI.OLD.
The steps given above can help you out if your QuickBooks has stopped working. In case you still are facing the problem, you can take professional help from our technical team in fixing the issue by dialing +1-855-856-0042.