Have you ever encountered an instance where you require urgently to print a document but, when you get started with the printing, it turns out that the HP Printer is not online? It’s embarrassing. Isn’t it?
If you’ve encountered an error code, you may be frustrating because offline printers aren’t able to receive new print orders and process them so that they can deliver high-quality prints.
Why is my hp printer showing offline This is a common issue, however it is one that you’ll want to fix as soon as possible. Aren’t you?
Do not send any additional print requests to the offline printer until it is successful in getting it back. If you find that the printing request has been unable to be completed due to the queue it is highly recommended that you first stop them until your printer is online.
Why is my HP Printer say offline?
In this tutorial you’ll learn the reason the HP printer not working? and how to get it working immediately using simple but amazing tricks and methods. This is why we will give you a glimpse of the information!
Simple Reasons The HP Printer Not Online Error
There are a variety of possible reasons to think What’s the reason for my HP Printer not working problem?. The possible causes could be:
- Drivers that are out of date for printing devices are installed to your computer
- There is a communication gap that exists between PC and Printer is a result of the communication gap between PC and
- Connectivity issues can cause the same issue.
- The error in setting can result in a printer not working properly
Each of these causes have a distinct resolution procedure. Have a look at the brief overview to find out more!
How can I fix HP Printer Offline Issue?
We have compiled a variety of solutions for getting your printer online after having it shut down. HP Printer Not Online. After you solve the issue, you can move on to the next solution that is outlined in the instructions.
The most straightforward fixes are described below, as they require little effort and require less technical expertise. Take a look at the following:
Solution 1. Start HP Print and Scan Doctor to find out why the printer is always offline
Here are the steps you must do:
- Utilize to use the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” application to determine the reason for why your HP Printer Offline and solve the printer issue.
- To download the app to download it you must visit the official website then download its special version to fix the issue of offline.
- Once you have downloaded HPPSdr.exe and then click to it from the location you downloaded it from and then start the application.
- If you’re prompted to choose “Yes” to verify the source of the file. The source is directly from HP tech support. HP technical support team.
- Select to the “Start” button and select your printer.
- If your printer’s name is not identified, try restarting your printer, and then select “Retry” in the Print and Scan Doctor application.
- The application will determine the connections issues. Follow the prompts on screen and then click “Yes” if asked to activate printer updates.
- Follow the prompts and then click “Yes” if asked to change this printer to the default printer.
When the status of the printer is altered to “Offline” to “Online” and the printer will begin functioning. If it is the case that your HP Printer continues to operate offline,move onto the following option.
2. Set the Printer to default
Follow the steps provided Follow the instructions if you truly want your printer to be set as default. The steps below are only only for Windows 10 users.
So , before you begin, be sure you’ve downloaded and installed all the updates that are available on Windows 10. Windows 10 operating system.
- To begin, start Windows. Then, you need to open the Windows search box, and type “Devices” into the field
- Then, select Printers and Then, select scanners and printers
- Make sure that the checkbox on the right side of “Let Windows manage my default printer” is not checked. If this is the case then press a single button on the box to uncheck it.
- Select the printer you want to use from the list of available printers
- If your printer appears multiple times, you should select the one that has an idle or online state.
- Click Manage
- Then Click to set the default settings.
Then try printing once more to see if HP Printer Stays running Offline is now operational. If your device is still showing inactive status proceed to the next solution guide.
Solution 3: Verify Your Printer Port And Windows Services Status
In the next resolution you must confirm your printer which uses the WSD port. Here’s how you can confirm it:
- To confirm this, type your Windows search box, or ask Cortana to open the Control Panel and then click “View devices and printers”
- Next, make sure you right-click onto your printer, and click on”Printer Properties” from the “Printer Properties” tab
- Select the Ports tab to check if your printer is connected to WSD ports.
If your printer runs WSD follow the steps below, or don’t follow the steps below:
- Google Windows and ask Cortana to search for “Services”
- Scroll the cursor down to locate “Function Discovery Provider Host” and “Function Discovery Resource Publication” from the list below.
- Look at the Status and Start type columns.
- If they’re in operation and the type of start-up is auto, move to the next step.
- In the event that the screen is blank appears by a manual startup type you can right-click on the name and choose “Properties”
- Change the type of start-up to Automatic
- After that, click Start under the status of the service, and hit “OK. “OK” button
- Re-visit in the Device and Printers section and click”F5″ “F5” key
- Click on the name of your printer and then check the status
- If it’s online, good! Your issue is solved. However, if it’s still showing Offline, move to the next step.
Solution 4: Make Sure You Check Your Connection
Based on the way the printer connects to your PC, it could be experiencing other issues. What could be the reason why My HP Printer offline issue persists?. If you’re using an USB cable to connect, ensure it’s secure in its place. If the problem persists then you may want to consider switching to an alternative USB cord. If you are using wireless networks that connects to your printer make sure to follow the steps below in order:
- Start your printer by turning off, then waiting for about 10 seconds, then unplugging your power cable from the printer.
- Turn off your operating system.
- Connect the printer’s power cord to the printer as directed and then turn the printer on.
- Remove the power cord to your wireless router.
- Wait 10 seconds before reconnecting it
- It might take a few minutes to get your internet to life
- If it does, switch on your computer.
- Utilizing HP Smart software or the HP wireless configuration wizard, or with using the HP Smart software, connect your printer directly to your network
- Print an wireless report to determine the connectivity issues that may be present
- This report is located within the network settings, or in the Wireless menu on your printer
Access All Hours of the Day Online Support Service
Does the information you have been provided sufficient to allow you to switch from HP Printer Offline to Online? If you don’t, don’t worry! Don’t waste time.
However, you stand an excellent chance of receiving expert advice from our skilled expert. Just contact to the HP Helpline and keep in touch to us. With us, you’ll be able to start printing without interruption.