If you have a dysfunctional liver or a liver disease, a liver transplant may be necessary. In most cases, your surgeon from the best hospital for liver failure transplants in Delhi will recommend this to you. But there are a few scenarios where the doctor might disqualify you from getting it done. As such, you need to be thoroughly equipped with this information for the near future. This will help you get the proper treatment and stay safe every step of the way. If you are ready, so are we.
Who Is Not Eligible for A Liver Transplant?
In some scenarios, a liver transplant may not be recommended to individuals. This is when-
● The individual is 65 years or older.
● They may have a severe illness.
● The patient is suffering from a chronic organ disease mainly because of diabetes.
● The patient has been dealing with chronic obesity.
● Suffers from liver disease, hepatitis B or other issues.
● Addicted to alcohol or drugs.
● The patient has an organ failure.
● Suffers from liver or irreparable brain damage.
● Has an uncontrollable infection spreading rapidly in the body.
● Diagnosed with different chronic cancers, mainly bile duct cancer and bone cancer.
Who Qualifies for A Liver Transplant?
A liver transplant is not based on any privilege. Since this is a serious surgery, the qualification process is quite strict too. Here are the eligibility criteria for the same-
● Any patient who is in desperate need of a liver transplant due to liver failure.
● When the patient and all their constants understand and accept the risks of undergoing a liver transplant, they may qualify for it.
● If other medical equipments or expert help have failed to improve their liver condition, a liver transplant may be safe to opt for. But this needs to be done only after a medical expert’s recommendation.
● The patient’s family members are committed to helping the patient receive the right help both before and after the transplant.
How To Know If You Need A Liver Transplant?
Whether you qualify or are disqualified for this type of transplant is undoubtedly essential. But what is more important to understand is whether you genuinely need it in the first place. So, make sure that you quickly run through this list before you obtain a transplant urgently. It would help if you had a liver transplant when:
● You have chronic liver failure.
● Have had treatments that failed to serve the purpose.
● A liver disease that is life-threatening and needs urgent attention.
● When the patient may have Cirrhosis.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a liver failure transplant in Delhi, make sure you read this in need again. Once you have carefully inspected it, try to look for a potential hospital to help you. We promise; you will be safe and secure no matter what. So, never hesitate to call for help when in need. The suitable hospitals will extend their support whenever you call for them on time.