From tracking everyday earnings & outlays to generating tax reports, QuickBooks does an exceptional job when it comes to managing the accounting tasks of companies. The efficiency and reliability of the features that QuickBooks provides its users with are well known in the accounting world. However, regardless of how advanced QuickBooks is, we can’t ignore the fact working with it is not free from errors and technical glitches. Through this article, we will explain QuickBooks error H202, which is one of the QuickBooks HXXX errors and usually takes place when a user tries to enable the multi-user mode in QuickBooks Desktop. Several reasons can trigger QuickBooks error code H202, which you will get to know ahead in this article, alongside their possible troubleshooting solutions.
Are you seeking immediate troubleshooting guidance to get over QuickBooks error H202? If yes, don’t hesitate to contact our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
QuickBooks error H202 shows up on the computer display with an error message reading, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
Why does a user encounter QuickBooks error code H202?
QuickBooks error code H202 usually happens when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component, which lets QuickBooks Desktop switch to multi-user mode, is not working on the host computer. There are other factors also that can trigger it, such as:
- Some essential QuickBooks services are not running on the host computer.
You may also see this guide: QuickBooks Error 12152
How can you fix QuickBooks error H202 with safety?
Solution 1: On your host computer, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component
- On your host computer, make sure to shut off QuickBooks Desktop first.
- Open Intuit’s website and download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version present there (188.8.131.52).
- Run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file (the setup file you downloaded above).
- Do as per the on-screen directions, and after that, give consent to the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Network Issues tab.
- Select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager option.
- When QuickBooks Database Server Manager opens, check if you see your company file there. If you do, select the Start Scan option; otherwise, like Browse to go to your company file.
- Select Close once the scan to locate your company file is done.
A brief guide to fix: QuickBooks Error PS107
Solution 2: Manually start the essential QuickBooks services on your host computer
- On your host computer, choose the Windows Start menu.
- Enter “Run” into the search box and then press Enter on the keyboard.
- In the Run window text box, enter “services.msc” and then select the OK button.
- Find QuickBooksDBXX (XX indicates your QuickBooks version) in the list of services and then double-select it.
- From the Startup Type drop-down, select the Automatic option.
- After that, ensure that the Service status displays either Running or Started; select the Start option if it is displaying neither of them.
- Go to the Recovery tab.
- From the drop-down menus of First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures, choose the Restart the Service option.
- Then select the Apply option, and after that, click OK to save the changes you made.
- Repeat the above same steps for QBCFMonitorService.
If you fail to get over QuickBooks error H202 even after applying the above troubleshooting solutions, you should get additional support removing it by contacting the team of QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
Follow this short guide to rectify: QuickBooks Error 15222