Liver function tests
Getting the tests done on time can indeed help to prevent many health issues. On getting tested it will measure the protein, enzymes, and other necessary substances in the liver. The necessary test performed at the leading liver hospital by the best liver specialist in Punjab will help your condition to be properly managed.
The tests performed by the liver doctor will check various functions of the liver just with a simple blood test. Moreover, the gastro doctor might see through the test results and accordingly suggest the best treatment plan in Ludhiana. The following factors can be checked through the tests are:
- Albumin – A protein present in the liver
- Total protein – Checks the total amount of protein present in the blood
- Bilirubin – a waste substance which the liver makes
- Lactate dehydrogenase (LD) – Enzyme present in the body which passed down to the blood when there is a certain injury or damage
- Prothrombin time (PT) – Protein which occurs with blood clotting
What is the liver test used for?
Well! The liver tests are used for a different option and some of the major reasons are:
- Diagnosing the liver diseases like hepatitis
- Check your condition when you get the treatment and whether your condition is improving.
- Keep a proper check on the side-effects & whether the medications are leaving any sort of side-effect
- Check the severity of the liver damage and see what further needs to be done next.
Why do I need liver function testing?
You may need liver function testing if you have symptoms of liver disease. These include:
- Jaundice, a condition that causes your skin and eyes to turn yellow
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Dark-colored urine
- Light-colored stool
The need for the test will increase if you are facing certain risk factors and this way your chances of getting diagnosed will liver problem increases like:
- Family history of liver disease
- Excess intake of alcohol
- Getting yourself exposed to the hepatitis virus
- Intake of medications which increases the risk of liver damage
What happens when the liver function test is done?
The doctor will take the blood sample from the vein of your arm and this is done by using a small needle. Once the needle is inserted the blood sample is taken in the vial. It might make you feel sting which usually happens for 5 minutes. Before the test, you need to fast for at least 10 to 12 hours.
Know better about the test results
You know what it is important to understand what the test results mean and accordingly get the treatment on time. If at any point you delay it or don’t start the treatment when it is supposed to then your condition will get worse. So, make sure that you seek medical assistance on time and get yourself the customized treatment plan to make your liver health better in all ways. Choose the best liver doctor near you and get the desired results.