Many printer brands manufacture different printers ranging from low to high in today’s era. Thus, amongst the various printer brands, canon is also amongst them. Canon printers fall in the list of well-known and popular printer brands. Moreover, they are known for providing high-quality printing documents. But to take advantage of a canon printer, it is mandatory to setup the printer from the official website, i.e., “ij.start.canon.” In addition to this, canon manufactures printers for home as well as office use.
How to Download & Install Canon Printer Drivers on Windows Visiting ij.start.canon?
Canon printer drivers help in connecting the printer to the computer. To start the Canon printer driver installation through ij.start.canon, follow the steps given below.
- Turn ON your computer and open Google Chrome, Firefox, or any other web browser currently installed on your machine.
- In the URL bar, type ij.start.canon and press Enter.
- Click on “Set Up.”
- Select your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, search for it.
- You can find your printer model number at the rear side of the printer.
- If the model number is not there, check the user manual or contact the seller.
- Once you have the printer model number with you, enter it in the printer field.
- Click on “Go.“
- Select the “Computer/Smartphone” method.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and select your operating system.
- Once you’re satisfied with your selection, click on “Download.”
- Click “Save” and wait for the download to complete.
- Once downloaded, open Windows Download Folder and search for the installer package.
- Double-click on it to open the installer and select “Agree & Install.“
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait for the installer to install all the files and settings on your computer.
- Once installed, restart your computer.
How to Setup Canon Printer on MAC
As long as you can unpack and successfully setup a Canon Printer by using ij.start.canon, I think you can easily connect your Canon Printer to the MAC. You can simply get into the ‘system preferences’ icon on your MAC. From there, you can click the + icon to add your printer. Depending on the type of printer connection you want (wired or wireless), you need to follow various steps for connecting your Canon Printer to the MAC.
Step 1: Download Canon Printer drivers for MAC
Step 2: Search for your Canon Printer model no.
Step 3: Click on Setup.
Step 4: Click on Download.
Step 5: Open the downloaded software on your MAC computer.
Step 6: Click on Setup.
Step 7: Click Open to start the installation process.
Step 8: Click Next.
Step 9: Enter your MAC computer administrator name and password.