Are you irked by different kinds of QuickBooks Company file issues? Users can face different sorts of error codes when trying to open or modify the Company file through QuickBooks. Some of the commonly encountered company file errors include QuickBooks Error H505, QB Error code 6000, and other error codes in the 6xxx series, Error code 15xxx, and others. To get rid of these basic QuickBooks desktop company file errors, users can try out different troubleshooting strategies elaborated in this article. So, adhere to the instruction till the end.
Solutions to fix Company file data damage in QuickBooks
Implement the solutions discussed in this section to get the QuickBooks desktop Company file issues rooted out of your system.
Solution 1: Use the Rebuild tool for fixing the Company file issues
The Verify and Rebuild tools are efficient features that come integrated with QuickBooks. To use the tool for fixing Company file issues in QuickBooks, follow the below given walkthrough.
- Run QuickBooks as an admin, and then click on the File menu.
- Select the Rebuild Data option from the Utilities option in the File menu.
- Click Ok in the QuickBooks Information window. To save a backup, follow the onscreen instructions.
- Afterward, allow the program to fix your company file. The process may take a while for completion.
- Click on Ok when the tool is finished rebuilding the company file.
After this process, again hit on the File menu. Then choose Verify Data option under Utilities.
- Allow the tool to examine the company file which was previously rebuilt.
- Hit on Ok if QuickBooks detects no issues.
- You may now continue to use your QuickBooks Company file. There shouldn’t be any data loss in the file.
Solution 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
While the Verify and rebuild tools come along with QuickBooks, Intuit rolled out QuickBooks Tool Hub program as a holistic hub of tools that can be used for fixing diversified technical error codes within QuickBooks. One potential tool for fixing Company file issues in this is the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. The procedure for using the tool is:
- In the beginning, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Following that, run the tool, and advance to the Company file issues tab. Herein, tap on the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- Following that browse for the company file and after opting for it, scan the same for diagnosis and troubleshooting of any data related issues.
Solution 3: Renaming the ND and TLG files
Changing the file name of the ND and TLG files in the QuickBooks directory can help in fixing the Company file issue in QuickBooks. The objective is to rename these file so that they are inaccessible for QuickBooks. These files are later recreated by QuickBooks, while the files already renamed, remain inaccessible from the reach of QuickBooks.
- At first, right-click the QB Desktop icon, and afterwards, hit on Properties to opt for the Open File location tab.
- This will directly take the user to the QuickBooks folder, wherein, he/she needs to look for the .ND and .TLG files.
- Upon identifying the files, hit a right-click on the files and then tap on the Rename
- Now, get these files renamed by merely adding “.old” at the end of their file names.
You may also read: fixing QuickBooks Error Message 1618
This article discussed in detail 3 viable methods to resolve Company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop. If you want technical assistance, just ring our 24/7 QuickBooks error support experts at the toll-free number i.e., 1-800-615-2347.