The Global Skills Strategy (GSS) is for assisting you in acquiring a job in Canada faster by processing qualified Canada work permit visa applications in two weeks. Employers desire a rapid and predictable process to recruit top individuals to work for them. The Global Skills Strategy (GSS) assists firms in finding these highly trained individuals more quickly.
Faster application processing times, along with work permit exemptions and improved customer service, are all part of the goal. Foreign nationals who qualify for priority processing should still meet all other eligibility standards, including presenting police certifications if necessary.
Who is Eligible for the Global Skills Strategy?
Excluded Workers from the Labor Market Impact Assessment:
Workers who are exempt from the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) are eligible for 2-week processing of their Canada work permit visa applications provided they match all of the following criteria:
- They are applying from outside of Canada.
- The National Occupational Classification classifies their job as either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) (NOC).
- The company has used the Employer Portal to submit an offer of employment and has paid the employer compliance charge.
- Applicants for International Experience Canada are not eligible for 2-week processing.
Workers who need an LMIA can get it in two weeks if they match all of the following criteria:
- They are applying from outside of Canada.
- Through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program’s Global Talent Stream, the company has a positive LMIA (this is on the LMIA decision letter).
Dependents and Spouses:
Workers’ spouses or common-law partners, as well as their dependent children, are eligible for 2-week processing. This rule applies to the following applications:
- Visitor visas, work permits, and study permits
- Spouses, common-law partners, and children under the age of 18 must fill out a complete application for Canada immigration with family and submit it simultaneously as the worker.
How can You Acquire 2-week Processing?
The worker and their family members must undertake the following once they have received the paperwork and information they require from the employer:
- From outside of Canada, submit an online application.
- Submit a comprehensive application, including a medical exam (if needed).
- Certifications from the police (if required)
- Obtain certified translations of non-English or non-French documents.
- Within two weeks of applying, pay the processing fees, and submit biometrics results (if needed).
- The worker and their family members (spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children) must apply at the same time to be eligible for 2-week processing for Canada immigration with family.
The worker doesn’t need to apply for a visa or electronic travel permission (eTA). When the visa office processes their Canada work permit visa application, we provide them with the required paperwork.
Requirements from the Local Visa Office
Many of Canada’s visa offices worldwide have special requirements for workers. Check the requirements of the local visa office to ensure that the worker has submitted all necessary paperwork.
Local instructions can be found in the program package if there are any to follow.
● Navigate to the application for a work permit.
● In the drop-down option, choose “Online.”
● Choose the worker’s home nation or territory.
● Take a look at the list of documents for country-specific visa office needs, if there are any.
● Even though the visa office’s requirements specify, they accept other languages. Certified translations of documents that aren’t in English or French are required to be eligible for two-week processing.
Here are some examples of criteria that may vary based on where you are:
● Police certificates
The Visa office Will Not Process Your Application Within Two Weeks if:
● You are ineligible to apply for a position through the Global Skills Strategy.
● You haven’t included certified translations of documents that aren’t in English or French. Thus your application is incomplete.
● You fail to bring the documentation required by your local visa office.
● You fill out an application for International Experience Canada.
Is it Possible to Get Two-week Processing if You apply Through the International Mobility Program?
If you’re applying for a work visa through the International Mobility Program, you can do it routinely online. If you meet the following criteria, the Visa office will automatically process your application within two weeks if:
● You are able to participate in the Global Skills Strategy (GSS).
● Submit an application in its entirety.
To be eligible for a Canada work permit visa, you must apply online from outside Canada in one of the following circumstances:
Situation number one
● For your role, your firm has received a favorable Global Talent Stream, also known as GTS (Category A or B) Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment & Social Development Canada (ESDC).
● When you finish your eligibility check, you must inform us that you are applying with a GTS LMIA. Otherwise, we will not accept you as a GSS applicant.
Situation number two:
● Have a job offer from a company that is excluded from the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process.
● Have a skill type 0 (managerial, executive) or skill level A (professional) occupation and are applying for an employer-specific work visa.