QuickBooks payroll function helps businesses perform various functions like payroll processing, employee accounts, direct deposits, etc. To run the payroll function correctly, you need to install regular updates and maintenance releases. For this, you need a few basic requirements and tools, like the file copy service. When there are issues with the file copy service, it can lead to QuickBooks error 15241. This error code prevents users from updating payroll and needs to be addressed immediately. In this article, we will help you resolve QuickBooks error code 15241 with easy solutions.
If you are unable to resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our support team.
Possible Reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15241
QuickBooks update error 15241 can occur due to the following possible reasons –
- The QuickBooks file copy service, which is essential to run payroll, is either missing or inactive.
- The QuickBooks FCS is having some issues, and it might be damaged or corrupted.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not correctly installed, or the installation process is incomplete.
- There are issues with the Windows registry files, and they might be damaged.
- Your anti-virus program or Windows firewall is causing an obstruction and preventing QuickBooks from updating payroll.
- Your internet connection is weak or unstable, which is leading to update failure.
Outdated or obsolete payroll tax tables can also lead to update issues.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15215
Effective Methods to Permanently Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15241
QuickBooks payroll update error 15241 can be easily rectified by following the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Manually Start the Intuit QuickBooks File Copy Service
You can easily resolve QB error code 15241 by fixing the issues with the FCS.
- Exit QuickBooks and right-click the Computer icon to select the Manage option.
- Next, go to the Computer Management screen to access the applications drop-down list and select Services.
- From the services section, locate QuickBooks and select the Intuit QuickBooks File Copy Service option.
- Go to the General tab to access the Start-up Type menu and click on Manual to enable the manual start-up mode.
- Hit OK and rerun the QuickBooks payroll update process to check if the 15241 error is resolved.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15227
Solution 2 – Download the Latest Updates to Upgrade your Payroll Tax Tables
Outdated payroll tax tables can lead to update failure in QB payroll. To fix the same, update the tax tables in the following manner –
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Employees menu to select the Get Payroll Updates option.
- Once the ‘Get Payroll Updates’ window appears, select Download Entire Payroll Updates.
- Click on Update and follow the on-screen steps to finish the update process, and check the status of your payroll error code.
You can perform the steps given in this blog to eliminate QuickBooks error 15241 from your system. If the issue remains unresolved, contact us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our expert team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1712